The Mind-Body Connection
Question: What is the relationship between mind and body?
Robert Butler: Well, the Romans knew 2000 years ago, sound mind is a sound body. So, if you have good physical activity, you are apt to have good mental activity and in fact that is one of the reasons I have a walking group. So that each Saturday and Sunday morning we walk together, which helps us to walk 5 or 6 miles and to keep us in good shape, mentally and physically.
Recorded on: Mar 17 2008
The Romans knew the secret thousands of years ago, Butler says.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study from Oregon State University makes it clear: it's you.
- Researchers discovered that the more attention you give a cat, the more likely they are to return it.
- Cats are territorial; being in their home environment greatly affects their attitude.
- The common wisdom that cats are aloof is provably false.
10 of the most sandbagging, red-herring, and effective logical fallacies.
- Many an otherwise-worthwhile argument has been derailed by logical fallacies.
- Sometimes these fallacies are deliberate tricks, and sometimes just bad reasoning.
- Avoiding these traps makes disgreeing so much better.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.