The Cycle of Decline: the Mortgage Crisis Examined
At Emory University, you will find an Atlanta, Georgia-based private, national research university with a history of working collaboratively for positive transformation in the world through courageous leadership in teaching, research, scholarship, health care, and social action. Emory is known for its outstanding liberal arts colleges and superb professional schools, a long-standing commitment to great teaching by great faculty, and for having one of the leading health care systems in the South.
Emory is home to nearly 7,000 undergraduates, 20 percent of whom hail from Georgia. Every other state and 65 countries also are represented. Admission to Emory College is highly selective— about fourteen high school students apply for every opening in the first-year class—and Emory consistently ranks among the top 20 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey.
Emory’s location in the vibrant, international city of Atlanta is a tremendous asset. Atlanta provides limitless opportunities for student learning and service, as well as fun and entertainment for students, faculty, and staff. Emory collaborates with numerous Atlanta-based organizations such as The Carter Center, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Emory University Professor of Law Frank Alexander is the Founding Director for the Center for the Study of Law and Religion, and the Director of Policy and Research at the Center for Community Progress. Here Alexander discusses the impact of foreclosure and the nation's urban blight.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.