Ryan McGinness on Comparisons to Andy Warhol
Question: Are you a disciple of Warhol?
McGinness: I’m interested in taking what Warhol was doing with reproductions of reproductions further so what that means for me is using silk screen not unlike Warhol but using a set number of original variables, all my original drawings, not reproductions of found photographs that somebody else took for instance and creating unique experiences, not repeating the same experience so you don’t have 50 car crashes which was a breakthrough and significant contribution but that’s not what I’m doing, I’m creating 50 unique experiences with a set of original unique variables and imaging of course is different, I’m not using photographic imaging and using this kind of iconic, you know, universal symbol imagery as well.
Ryan McGinness in the footsteps of The Factory
Are university safe spaces killing intellectual growth?
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
From questionable shipwrecks to outright attacks, they clearly don't want to be bothered.
- Many have tried to contact the Sentinelese, to write about them, or otherwise.
- But the inhabitants of the 23 square mile island in the Bay of Bengal don't want anything to do with the outside world.
- Their numbers are unknown, but either 40 or 500 remain.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.