Ruth Grant says altruism is not always good
Duke offers rigorous academics with a strong interdisciplinary focus and encourages its students to use their knowledge to make an impact on the world. Duke students exhibit exceptional spirit and enthusiasm on a beautiful campus that combines proud traditions with a global presence and an entrepreneurial outlook.
Duke University professor Ruth Grant says that selflessness and goodness are not necessarily the same.
No, the Syrian civil war is not over. But it might be soon. Time for a recap
- The War in Syria has dropped off the radar, but it's not over (yet)
- This 1-minute video shows how the fronts have moved – and stabilised – over the past 22 months
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.