Re: How do you contribute?
Zac Posen is an American fashion designer. Born in 1980, Posen grew up in New York City and received his fashion education at Central Saint Martins in London. After internships at the Metropolitan Museum and Nicole Miller, Posen rose to prominence as one of the new names of the Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion show. His fashions are particularly popular with the young Hollywood set, and his designs have been worn by Natalie Portman, Claire Danes and Rachel Bilson. Posen’s work has gained respect for its increasingly streamlined aesthetic of forties-inflected tailoring, mermaid-esque gowns, and itty-bitty cocktail frocks. He enlisted his mother Susan as CEO (she has since stepped down, and serves as Chairman) and his sister Alexandra as creative director, and in 2004, Sean Combs became a much-publicized backer. In 2004, Posen was awarded the CFDA Swarovski-Perry Ellis Award for Ready-to-Wear" after his first major runway show. Fragrance and diffusion lines are on the pike for 2009.
I truly believe in the butterfly effect on every level, Posen says.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.