Overcoming Writers Block
Crosley: With essays you generally don’t have it, which is not necessarily a good thing. I think you can sometimes spend a lot of time on something and at the end of the day, you can read it, realize it’s crap, pull out one line from it and fix it somewhere else, like a skin graft. I think I’m just so used to having an narrow amount of time to work, that you kind of have to force the creative glands to work during a set period of time. And/or the answer is I don’t.
I haven’t had it yet, and that’s not necessarily a good thing.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.