Obama Girl on a Career in Politics
Amber Lee Ettinger is an American actress and model best known as Obama Girl in her on-line video "I Got a Crush... on Obama" -- referring to 2008 presidential candidate Barack Obama -- which has earned her scores of media appearances, from a part in a "Saturday Night Live" sketch with Fred Armisen as "Obama" to an interview on "At Large with Geraldo Rivera" with 'Geraldo Rivera'. A native of Hazelton, Pennsylvania, Ettinger moved to New York City to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology to study fashion and clothing design, having expressed hopes to create her own clothing line and other business ventures. Early in her career, Ettingter was crowned Miss NYC in the 2003 Miss Hawaiian Tropic pageant, later augmenting that title with a nod as Miss Howard TV in June 2007. She has also appeared in a video for the Onion News Network, as well as the music video for the John Popper song "Lapdance". Amber released a new video called Hillary! Stop the attacks! Love, Obama Girl on March 25th, 2008.
Ettinger: For, right now, I can’t see it happening, but I would never just say no, because who knows what’s going to happen, like, years and years down the road? This definitely thrust me into this politic world that I was not involved in, but I think that’s been, like, the biggest gift because I never expected my life to take this turn and have all these doors open for me to learn all these great things. Like, I’ve been able to do videos with Mike Gravel, Senator Mike Gravel, and Ralph Nader, like, in a million years I would never expected to be in Ralph Nader’s office, shooting a video with him or learning the Soldier Boy Dance with Mike Gravel, like, that’s crazy stuff. Going to the White House Correspondents’ Dinners and all the debates, like, this was great for me, and I just am trying to take as much of it in as I can and learn as much as I can. The E! Channel named me “The Hottest Girl on the Web,” which was pretty hot, which was very flattering. I was able to go on Saturday Night Live. That was a dream come true, and, I guess, recently, one of the coolest things was obviously going to the Democratic National Convention and being on Bill O’Riley. He really, like, had me really nervous, and it turned out I was one of the best interviews he had of 2008. He just put out the list, so that was awesome.
Obama Girl is not ruling out a run one day, but no time soon.
When adults are challenged to behave like adults, by a child, they can go in one of two directions.
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
When it comes to scientific theory, (or your personal life) be sure to question everything.
- The theories we build to navigate the world, both scientifically and in our personal lives, all contain assumptions. They're a critical part of scientific theory.
- Cognitive psychologist Donald Hoffman urges us to always question those assumptions. In this way, by challenging ourselves, we come to a deeper understanding of the task at hand.
- Historically, humans have come to some of our greatest discoveries by simply questioning assumed information.