Obama Girl on a Career in Politics
Ettinger: For, right now, I can’t see it happening, but I would never just say no, because who knows what’s going to happen, like, years and years down the road? This definitely thrust me into this politic world that I was not involved in, but I think that’s been, like, the biggest gift because I never expected my life to take this turn and have all these doors open for me to learn all these great things. Like, I’ve been able to do videos with Mike Gravel, Senator Mike Gravel, and Ralph Nader, like, in a million years I would never expected to be in Ralph Nader’s office, shooting a video with him or learning the Soldier Boy Dance with Mike Gravel, like, that’s crazy stuff. Going to the White House Correspondents’ Dinners and all the debates, like, this was great for me, and I just am trying to take as much of it in as I can and learn as much as I can. The E! Channel named me “The Hottest Girl on the Web,” which was pretty hot, which was very flattering. I was able to go on Saturday Night Live. That was a dream come true, and, I guess, recently, one of the coolest things was obviously going to the Democratic National Convention and being on Bill O’Riley. He really, like, had me really nervous, and it turned out I was one of the best interviews he had of 2008. He just put out the list, so that was awesome.
Obama Girl is not ruling out a run one day, but no time soon.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.