Mitt Romney: If you were an Iraqi, how would you view America?
Question: If you were an Iraqi, how would you view America?
Mitt Romney:I would be grateful and appreciative that American soldiers have surged their support such that the Iraqis themselves are now able to rid themselves of the peril of Al Qaeda. The last thing I think any society wants is to have Al Qaeda or Taliban type leadership, or Hezbollah ruling the day in their country. And that’s of course what was happening in Afghanistan. It is something which has become part of the landscape in Iraq in the most recent few years. And our effort has helped the Sunnis reject that violence and that extreme. And if I were an Iraqi citizen, I would be appreciative of that.
Recorded on: 11/26/07
Romney believes the surge is working.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.