Michael Porter On The value Of Student Leadership Positions
Michael Porter, the Harvard Business School strategy guru, talks about one significant influence in his educational career—a student leadership position that led to business school and his entrance into academia. His comments were taped on Sept. 21, 2009 during a panel discussion entitled "Reflections on Leadership for Social Change," part of the inauguration of Jim Yong Kim as 17th president of Dartmouth College.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
- Three scientists ran the numbers. In this YouTube video, one of them explains why our nearest neighbor is... Mercury!
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.