Micah Sifry Ponders Whether the Internet is Cultivating a Global Intelligence
Micah L. Sifry is co-founder and editor of the Personal Democracy Forum, a website and annual conference that covers the ways technology is changing politics, and TechPresident.com, an award-winning group blog on how American politicians are using the web and how the web is using them. In addition to organizing the annual Personal Democracy Forum conference with his partner Andrew Rasiej, he consults on how political organizations, campaigns, non-profits and media entities can adapt to and thrive in a networked world. In that capacity, he has been a senior technology adviser to the Sunlight Foundation since its founding in 2006.
Sifry is also the co-editor of Rebooting America, an anthology of writing on how the Internet and new technology can be used to reinvent American democracy (available online for free download at rebooting.personaldemocracy.com), co-author of Is That a Politician in Your Pocket? Washington on $2 Million a Day, author of Spoiling for a Fight: Third-Party Politics in America, and co-editor of The Iraq War Reader and The Gulf War Reader. His personal blog is at http://www.personaldemocracy.com/blog/micah_l_sifry.
Micah Sifry on the new global intelligence.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.