Marc Ecko Learns From Developing Nations
Marc Ecko's artistic journey began in the mid-80s in a makeshift design studio and showroom located in the garage of his parent's New Jersey home. A member of the then emerging hip-hop scene, Ecko caught the attention of the generation's new cultural icons including Spike Lee and Chuck D, who wore his t-shirts. These events precipitated his founding of *ecko unltd. in 1993, when he was 20. Since then, Marc Ecko Enterprises has grown to include 12 separate *ecko unltd. and red by marc ecko apparel and accessories lines, the contemporary Marc Ecko "Cut & Sew" collection, G-Unit Clothing Company, Zoo York, Avirex, Complex magazine, and a recently launched video game and multi-media entertainment division. Last year the full-scale global fashion and lifestyle company reported billings of over $1 billion. Marc's designs represent a broad spectrum of lifestyles and interests, from casual to contemporary, urban activewear to action sports. His brands have won an extremely loyal audience within a broad 13-30 age demographic. Over the years, he has also dedicated himself to a number of socially conscious initiatives, including significant work with underserved youth domestically and internationally, and a dedicated role in reversing the plight of the world's rhino population.
Marc Ecko reminds Americans not to condescend.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.