Leif Pagrotsky on Barack Obama
Pagrotsky: The Bush administration has meant a disaster for American standing in the world. America is so strong. It is present everywhere, and when America is led by an administration that lacks the respect and credibility in the rest of the world, that’s a problem for all of us. Of course, me as a Social Democrat, as a man of the Left, as we call it in Europe, of course, I’m happy that you, the American people voted for a President that is more leaning towards the left than the old one, but it’s more than that. It’s also that the present administration has pursued a view of the world which means that they do things alone. They don’t consult others. They don’t cooperate in multilateral organizations, but they select individual partners that work bilaterally instead of being part of the global community as an active and leading member. Instead of that, they’ve chosen an isolated individual path. I hope that would be the biggest change that would influence the rest of us, more than the temperament, the character, the charisma of the individuals involved.
Leif Pagrotsky hopes for an improved America after the "disaster" of the Bush administration.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
As the world gets hotter, men may have fewer and fewer viable sperm
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.