John McCain: Should Iowa and NH stay at the head of the primary schedule?
John McCain: Absolutely. In 2000 when Delaware wanted to go ahead of New Hampshire, I said that I would even pull down the shades on Amtrak as I passed through Delaware. Look, Iowa caucuses are important; New Hampshire and I think South Carolina as well. New Hampshire has a unique role. The citizens of New Hampshire know that unique role. They examine the candidates. There’s no way you can buy New Hampshire with media. You can only retail politic it. You can only have the town hall meetings. You can stop at the cafes and the stores and shake hands with people. And that’s . . . that’s the unique aspect and beauty of the American political scene in New Hampshire. Recorded on: 11/20/07
The citizens of New Hampshire play a unique role.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- Creating a more connected world and indexing the world's information: what could be better than that?
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.