Jen'nan Read Says 9/11 Prompted Some Muslim Women to Wear The Hijab
Duke offers rigorous academics with a strong interdisciplinary focus and encourages its students to use their knowledge to make an impact on the world. Duke students exhibit exceptional spirit and enthusiasm on a beautiful campus that combines proud traditions with a global presence and an entrepreneurial outlook.
Duke University Professor Jen'nan Read says September 11 raised issues of identity among some Muslim women.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.