Is the food pyramid a good guide to healthy eating?
Marion Nestle: Well the food pyramid as it stands today doesn’t even have any food on it. You have to have a computer and go online and then try to sort through everything that’s on the web site in order to figure out what it’s advising. And in that sense it’s . . . it took away the new pyramid which came out in 2005; took away the real value of the old one. The old one had flaws, but one of the thing it did . . . one of the things it did very well, I think, was to indicate that it was better to eat some foods than others. Better for health. And the new pyramid doesn’t make that point nearly as clearly. Nutritionists tell me that they can’t use it; that it’s so difficult to teach from, to explain that they don’t use it. I really don’t know anybody who uses it to teach or for any purpose whatsoever.
Nestle doesn't know anyone who uses it as a guide.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Best case: Redrawing borders leads to peace, prosperity and EU membership. But there's also a worst case.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.