How To Maintain A Competitive Edge
Question: What’s your strategy for maintaining your market position?
Newmark: What we do is just listen to our community, our customers are asking for and respond to that and stay focused on that. That’s work for us really well. That’s how we continue to operate. And we get a lot of feedback saying that’s the right thing. When I worked at IBM, that was the advice given in the books about IBM’s history and that’s how IBM became a success, and by not listening to customer so much in the ‘80s, that’s how IBM lost its way in the ‘80s. IBM is now a very different company out here and that seems to be the case.
Craigslist founder Craig Newmark explains his company’s position in the market.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.