How do you get the timing right?
Tanya Steel: I think timing for entertaining is kind of key, and that really is what makes or breaks people’s parties. Because a frazzled host is not someone that you wanna be with or you wanna be. So organization is key. I’m just a huge proponent of organization in my life. I’ve had to be, and it really does work. So if you are gonna have a big dinner party, the night before I would set the table. I would definitely have figured out what you could make that day or days beforehand. You should have, you know, the wines chilling and anything that you can make a day ahead made ahead – sauces, breads, cakes, that kind of thing. And then that morning, the morning of the party, I would just finish whatever it is that you need to do in terms of baking, and cooking, and roasting. And you know grilling is a great way to entertain. In fact that’s a kind of casual, relaxed way to entertain. It’s delicious. People love it. It’s a way that’s very social. Men love to grill. In fact every man I meet I always tell him what a fantastic griller he is and a great pit master he is, and so they get a real kick out of it. And so that’s a . . . another great thing to do when you’re entertaining, is to have grilled foods and build the party around the barbecue.
Timing can make or break a party, says Steel.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.