Geithner Answers Questions on His Financial Plan
The Council on Foreign Relations is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries.
U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, speaking at Council on Foreign Relations, pledges a new plan to regulate systemic risks to the financial system, including enhanced oversight of "non-banks." In this video, moderator Robert Altman questions Geithner on aspects of his plan.
The results contradict the popular assumption that men react far more strongly to pornography.
- The review examined the results of 61 brain-scanning studies that involved 1,850 people.
- The results of the review found no significant differences in how male and female brains respond to viewing visual erotic stimuli.
- Still, one of the researchers noted that there are sex-specific differences in sexual behavior.
Strangely, the sun showed no sunspots at the time the photo was taken.
- The photo shows the International Space Station as it orbits the Earth, as it does every 90 minutes.
- The photo is remarkable because it offers a glimpse of the star at a time when there were no sunspots.
- In November, astronauts aboard the ISS plan to grow Española chili pepper plants.
The reason one diet does not suit all may be found in our guts.