Geithner Answers Questions on His Financial Plan
The Council on Foreign Relations is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens in order to help them better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries.
U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, speaking at Council on Foreign Relations, pledges a new plan to regulate systemic risks to the financial system, including enhanced oversight of "non-banks." In this video, moderator Robert Altman questions Geithner on aspects of his plan.
As Game of Thrones ends, a revealing resolution to its perplexing geography.
- The fantasy world of Game of Thrones was inspired by real places and events.
- But the map of Westeros is a good example of the perplexing relation between fantasy and reality.
- Like Britain, it has a Wall in the North, but the map only really clicks into place if you add Ireland.
- Alan Lightman, physicist and author of Einstein's Dreams, examined 30 great scientific discoveries of the 20th century.
- Here he explores the habits of mind that push innovators toward creative breakthroughs.
- His advice for reaching creative heights? Embrace stuck-ness and don't rely on inspiration.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.