Fun With Ricky Gervais
Ricky Gervais is an English comedian, author, actor, director, producer, screenwriter and former pop musician. He achieved mainstream fame with his television series The Office and the subsequent series Extras, both of which he co-wrote and co-directed with friend and collaborator, Stephen Merchant. Besides writing and directing the shows, Gervais also played the lead roles of David Brent in The Office and Andy Millman in Extras. Gervais has also appeared in several Hollywood films, including For Your Consideration, Stardust, Night at the Museum and Ghost Town.
Question: What do you do for fun?
Ricky Gervais: Heroine. I just can’t stop it. Killing. I thought I'd just kill once to try it, but it’s so mulish, I just have to keep doing it. I’m sorry. I'll go to jail and I’ll read me Bible. I'll never kill again. Oh dear.
I don’t know. Sunshine, I mean; a newborn kitten, the smile on an old lady’s face. But mainly heroine, jacking up. I love the needle going in. I love what it fucking does to your brain. I like the way you lose all bodily functions. Oh God. I was sensible for half an hour. What do you expect? What do you expect?
Question: What do you do to relax?
Ricky Gervais: What do I do? I like staying in. I love, you know, having a nice, safe home. Sit down with my girlfriend and my cat, watching tele, loving Dexter, loving Damages. I love doing the podcast with Karl Pilkington. Friendship. Friends and love ones; obviously, it is. I do count my blessings everyday—thanks just a little five pound bag. A walk in the woods. Maybe helping an elderly man across the road.
I like starting race riots just to see what happens.
Recorded on: Feb 25, 2009.
A laugh riot with the English comedian.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
As the world gets hotter, men may have fewer and fewer viable sperm
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.