Creating Full Citizenship
Rishi Jaitly has spent his career using the Internet to advance citizenship around the world. He is currently Market Director, South & Southeast Asia at Twitter. Previously, he was Director of the Knight Foundation's philanthropy in Detroit; co-founder and chair of Michigan Corps, a new service platform enabling Michiganders to lead change through the web; and co-founder of Kiva Detroit, America's first online microlending initiative. Earlier in his career, Rishi led public-private partnerships for Google in South Asia. At Google, Rishi also supported Google Chairman Eric Schmidt with strategic communications.
Creating full citizenship isn't about getting people from 0 to 60. It's about everything in between. If 60 is voting and most people are at 10, Rishi Jaitly says it is essential to nurture early stage behavior, and even make citizenship into something that is sexy.
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
Swiss researchers identify new dangers of modern cocaine.
- Cocaine cut with anti-worming adulterant levamisole may cause brain damage.
- Levamisole can thin out the prefrontal cortex and affect cognitive skills.
- Government health programs should encourage testing of cocaine for purity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.