Craig Newmark on Tracking Criminal Activity
Newmark: Well, for years, we have tried our best to crackdown on anything that’s wrong on our site, sometimes it does get into the criminal, in which case we’re good at helping out victims and cops on this, and they do learn that we’re good at that. We need to get better, so, recently, we sought the assistance of law enforcement and groups like the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. We’ve gotten better at it. We continue to talk to them, to listen to them, because more will be needed in the future. We do respond to request from law enforcement. We act consistent with due process and constitutional values. We’ve operated as if the Constitution and rule of law was in effect over the last eight years and we do look forward to President Obama reinstating constitutional law.
Watch Craig Newmark dodge the question of online criminal activity.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
It has found several bizarre planets outside of our solar system.
- The Kepler program closed down in August, 2018, after nine and a half years of observing the universe.
- Picking up where it left off, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has already found eight planets, three of which scientists are very excited about, and six supernovae.
- In many ways, TESS is already outperforming Kepler, and researchers expect it to find more than 20,000 exoplanets over its lifespan.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.