Corey Angst on the Information Technology Revolution in Health Care
Nearly 100,000 deaths occur each year as the result of medical errors. That is the equivalent of a fully loaded 747 crashing every four days throughout the year. Notre Dame expert Corey Angst argues that information technology can help prevent these preventable deaths, as well as create other opportunities and efficiencies in the field of medicine.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.