Corey Angst on the Information Technology Revolution in Health Care
Nearly 100,000 deaths occur each year as the result of medical errors. That is the equivalent of a fully loaded 747 crashing every four days throughout the year. Notre Dame expert Corey Angst argues that information technology can help prevent these preventable deaths, as well as create other opportunities and efficiencies in the field of medicine.
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.