Comic Relief: Maureen Langan
She grew up in Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey, where there is no lake.
Comedian Maureen Langan entertained the audience at The Nantucket Project, a festival of ideas that took place in October on Nantucket, Massachusetts.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.