Comic Relief: Maureen Langan
She grew up in Lake Hiawatha, New Jersey, where there is no lake.
Comedian Maureen Langan entertained the audience at The Nantucket Project, a festival of ideas that took place in October on Nantucket, Massachusetts.
- Climate change is no longer a financial problem, just a political one.
- Mitigating climate change by decarbonizing our economy would add trillions of dollars in new investments.
- Public attitudes toward climate change have shifted steadily in favor of action. Now it's up to elected leaders.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
- The plan would forgive the debt held by more than 30 million Americans.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.