Christie Hefner on Business Lessons From Dad
Hefner: Well, I think more than anything else, I think he has been very instrumental in developing just a sense of perspective and balance. So as hard driving as he is and I think there are no entrepreneurs who are successful who are not hard driving and I think he would admit that, you know, he gave up, you know, basically having and raising a family to, you know, make Playboy the success that it is. At the same time, I think he has the right kind of perspective on life as to what the truly important things are and that’s probably the best lesson that you can actually give particularly your children.
Christie Hefner says some pretty counterintuitive things about the legendary Hugh Hefner.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.