Can Monopolies Save The Internet?
Political activism may get people invested in politics, and affect urgently needed change, but it comes at the expense of tolerance and healthy democratic norms.
- Polarization and extreme partisanships have been on the rise in the United States.
- Political psychologist Diana Mutz argues that we need more deliberation, not political activism, to keep our democracy robust.
- Despite increased polarization, Americans still have more in common than we appear to.
So much for rest in peace.
- Australian scientists found that bodies kept moving for 17 months after being pronounced dead.
- Researchers used photography capture technology in 30 minute intervals everyday to capture the movement.
- This study could help better identify time of death.
A new research article states that the obesity epidemic is affecting more than just waistlines.
- While the cost of food waste is high, the environmental impact of obesity is even higher.
- According to researchers in Italy, obesity results in an extra 140 billion tons of food consumption every year.
- Obesity costs Americans $1.72 trillion in healthcare costs and is now the leading cause of death.