Can Head Trauma Cause Alzheimer's?
Dr. Samuel Gandy is a professor of neurology, psychiatry, and Alzheimer's disease research at Mount Sinai Hospital. He is also associate director of the Mount Sinai Alzheimer's Disease Research Center, and chairman emeritus of the National Medical and Scientific Advisory Council of the Alzheimer's Association.
Dr. Gandy is an international expert in the metabolism of the amyloid proteins that clog the brain in patients with Alzheimer's disease.
One of the most robust environmental risk factors identified for Alzheimer’s disease is traumatic brain injury. This is having repercussions for those returning from fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Bad outcomes get criticized as evidence of bad decisions, but that's not necessarily so.
- Here, poker pro Annie Duke desribes a simple thought experiment that separates decisions from outcomes.
- It is quite possible to make a very good decision that, due to external factors, results in a bad outcome.
Decide to Play Great Poker: A Strategy Guide to No-Limit Texas Hold '’Em
American geneticists take a stand against the misuse of their science by racists.
- The largest society of geneticists decries the distortion of ideas by racists.
- Science does not support the concept of race.
- Race is a social construct, explain the scientists.
If you're lacking confidence and feel like you could benefit from an ego boost, try writing your life story.
In truth, so much of what happens to us in life is random – we are pawns at the mercy of Lady Luck. To take ownership of our experiences and exert a feeling of control over our future, we tell stories about ourselves that weave meaning and continuity into our personal identity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.