Can American Politics Heal the Divide and Return to Centrism
At Emory University, you will find an Atlanta, Georgia-based private, national research university with a history of working collaboratively for positive transformation in the world through courageous leadership in teaching, research, scholarship, health care, and social action. Emory is known for its outstanding liberal arts colleges and superb professional schools, a long-standing commitment to great teaching by great faculty, and for having one of the leading health care systems in the South.
Emory is home to nearly 7,000 undergraduates, 20 percent of whom hail from Georgia. Every other state and 65 countries also are represented. Admission to Emory College is highly selective— about fourteen high school students apply for every opening in the first-year class—and Emory consistently ranks among the top 20 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey.
Emory’s location in the vibrant, international city of Atlanta is a tremendous asset. Atlanta provides limitless opportunities for student learning and service, as well as fun and entertainment for students, faculty, and staff. Emory collaborates with numerous Atlanta-based organizations such as The Carter Center, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Political scientist Alan Abramowitz says calls to "heal the divide" across political parties and bring back the center are unlikely to materialize into real action. Bipartisanship today is difficult due to a complete absence of overlap across political parties.
Babbel is developed by over 100 linguistic experts and its speech recognition technology assesses your pronunciation so it's "fi 'ahsan al'ahwal" every time.
- A lifetime Babbel subscription can help you learn up to 14 popular languages.
- 10-to-15 minute language lessons focus on building basic conversational skills.
- Babbel's speech recognition technology monitors and assesses your verbal performance.
Here are 10 physics courses you can take now with some of the best experts in the world.
- You can find numerous physics courses currently available online for free.
- Courses are taught by instructors with amazing credits like Nobel Prizes and field-defining work.
- Topics range from introductory to Einstein's theory of relativity, particle physics, dark energy, quantum mechanics, and more.
The internet was built to resist an Orwellian future. Now it's being weaponized.
- Research shows hierarchical groups are more likely to use the internet as a platform.
- This might be counterintuitive, as the original rise of the internet coincided with events like the toppling of top-down structures.
- Despite the strong belief that the internet is horizontal, these hierarchical systems achieve high levels of online participation.