Bill Frist: Rethinking Medicine
Bill Frist is a cardiac surgeon, businessman, and politician. Frist served two terms as a Republican senator from Tennessee and rose to the position of Senate Majority Leader. In 1989, Frist published a memoir entitled Transplant: A Heart Surgeon's Account of the Life-And-Death Dramas of the New Medicine.
According to physician and former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, the major problem with health care in the U.S. is the country spends twice as much on health care as the average developed country and gets an outcome that is only half as good.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.