Arianna Huffington on Obama
Question: You’ve backed Obama…
Arianna Huffington: Not in terms of an endorsement. The Huffington Post has not endorsed anyone. In terms of my own writing, it is clear that I favored Obama, yes.
Question: What are your worries for an Obama presidency?
Arianna Huffington: Well, he’s going to have numerous challenges. I would say Iraq, the housing crisis, healthcare are first three that come to mind, but I’m very optimistic about the fundamental change that he would bring to this country. You know- but the fact that he would be able to really close the tragic chapter of the Bush years, and open a whole new chapter, which will also have the incredible effect of changing the perception of America around the world.
Recorded March 9 2008
Arianna Huffington discusses the enormous challenges Obama is facing.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.