Peter Diamandis: Here's How You'll Buy Clothes in the Future
In his latest book Bold, Peter Diamandis notes that exponential entrepreneurs need to keep an eye out for emerging technologies — such as virtual reality — about to emerge in a big way.
Peter Diamandis talks virtual reality as a major emerging technology in today's featured Big Think interview. In his new book Bold (co-authored with fellow Big Think expert Steven Kotler), Diamandis explains how exponential entrepreneurs need to think about and work with exponential technologies set to take the jump from deceptive to disruptive. In 2015 and beyond, virtual reality is that technology:
How do we combat the roots of these hateful forces?
- American Psychological Association sees a dubious and weak link between mental illness and mass shootings.
- Center for the study of Hate and Extremism has found preliminary evidence that political discourse is tied to hate crimes.
- Access to guns and violent history is still the number one statistically significant figure that predicts gun violence.
Some games are just for fun, others are for thought provoking statements on life, the universe, and everything.
- Video games are often dismissed as fun distractions, but some of them dive into deep issues.
- Through their interactive play elements, these games approach big issues intelligently and leave you both entertained and enlightened.
- These five games are certainly not the only games that cover these topics or do so well, but are a great starting point for somebody who wants to play something thought provoking.
The Amazon Rainforest is often called "the planet's lungs."
- For weeks, fires have been burning in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, likely started by farmers and ranchers.
- Brazil's president, Jair Bolsonaro, has blamed NGOs for starting the flames, offering no evidence to support the claim.
- There are small steps you can take to help curb deforestation in the Amazon rainforest, which produces about 20 percent of the world's oxygen.