European Ambassador to the US and former Irish Prime Minister John Bruton stopped by today for an engaging chat on climate change, the EU, the world economy, and his relative outsider’s perspective on American politics. The end of his term as ambassador is approaching, and Bruton told us he was very much looking forward to returning to his hometown near Dublin—but isn’t savoring being out of the job. Given his insight into world politics, we don’t doubt Bruton will find an employer in short order.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
Air pollution is up to five times over the EU limit in these Central London hotspots.
- Dirty air is an invisible killer, but an effective one.
- More than 9,000 people die prematurely in London each year due to air pollution, a recent study estimates.
- This map visualizes the worst places to breathe in Central London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.