A classic experiment gets an update that contradicts key assumptions of quantum mechanics.
- Physicists revise the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment.
- The new version leads to contradictions in quantum theory.
- Scientists are stumped by the implications.
Our experience of time may be blinding us to its true nature, say scientists.
- Time may not be passing at all, says the Block Universe Theory.
- Time travel may be possible.
- Your perception of time is likely relative to you and limited.
Researchers succeed in an 80-year-old quest to find the elusive "angel particle".
A team of scientists found first evidence for the existence of a Majorana fermion, a hypothetical particle proposed 80 years ago that is its own antiparticle.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.