A new study highlights the effects of a "digital detox" while traveling.
- A new study highlights what happens when travelers do not use technology while visiting foreign destinations.
- Participants initially reported withdrawal symptoms, only to enjoy the experience more as the day progressed.
- "Digital detox" retreats are growing in popularity, though the cost of many can be prohibitive.
The solar farm is expected to save the airport millions over the following decades.
- Tennessee's Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport recently completed construction of a 2.74-megawatt solar farm.
- The system includes battery storage that enables it to continue operating without constant sunlight.
- Airport officials hope it will serve as a model to other airports.
Someday we'll beam to the moon for afternoon tea, and be back in New York for dinner.
- In about 100 years, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku believes we'll explore the universe as pure consciousness — traveling at the speed of light, looking at asteroids, comets, meteors, and eventually the stars. "All of this within the laws of physics," he says.
- Through recent brain imaging, we know know that the prefrontal cortex of teenagers is fully formed. This induces them to take risks. Also, when guys who talk with pretty girls, we also know it's that blood drains from their brains. Well, their prefrontal cortex. This makes them liable to act "mentally retarded."
- The Connectome Project will map the entire brain in about 100 years.
Fingerprinting and facial recognition may lead the way in air travel.
It's hard not to conclude that if you act like a child, maybe you'll learn as effectively as a child, too…