Turning the office into a place of artistry.
- Creativity in the workplace requires flexibility and a strong company culture.
- Experts encourage lateral thinking and meditation.
- A diverse and inclusive company also spurs creativity.
We think of self-actualization as a lofty goal, but research suggests it may just be another way of obeying our biological programming.
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs sets self-actualization apart from many of the "baser" needs, like needing food or belonging.
- However, research in evolutionary psychology suggests that self-actualization may not be so different after all.
- Instead, it may simply be another way of attaining status, ensuring that the self-actualized individual can acquire a mate and care for offspring.
The thoughts on ruthless leadership by Italian politician and writer Niccolò Machiavelli resonate today.
Researchers study the "paradox of happiness" to find out how get into "flow activities" that would make us happiest.