The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
A definition of death is surprisingly malleable, leading to complications when it comes to organ donation.
- The latest Hastings Center Report is dedicated to the question of defining death.
- Definitions of death are not only biological, but cultural, leading to important questions about organ donation.
- The brain can continue to be electrically active for five minutes after cardiac death—valuable time for patients in need of transplants.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The Israeli historian has plenty to say.
- In Sapiens, Yuval Noah Harari investigated the last half-million years to understand how we've arrived here.
- In Homo Deus, he speculated on how our present course will influence the future of humanity.
- Harari's insights are strongly influenced by his thoughts on religion, sexuality, and animal rights.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.