A Mars Space Flight team member warns that people need to be prepared for what's coming.
The German island of Riems is home to some of the most dangerous virology research on the planet.
- The Friedrich Loeffler Institute in Germany is a biosafety level 4 facility where scientists conduct dangerous research on zoonoses.
- Zoonoses are diseases that can be spread from animals to humans, or vice versa.
- These diseases not only pose a major threat to humans, but also to animals.
Antibiotic resistance: Researchers have directly proven that bacteria can change shape inside humans to avoid antibiotics
Antibiotic resistance poses one of the biggest threats to global public health.
Some scientists think there may be a hidden, second form of life living right under our noses.
- All life on Earth shares some basic characteristics, such as being carbon-based; using DNA, RNA, and proteins to function; and so on.
- Many of these characteristics are simply the only ones that could work in Earth's environment, but there are also a surprising number of seemingly arbitrary features of life.
- Under the shadow biosphere theory, some scientists argue that alternative forms of life exist right here on Earth, undetected simply because we don't know to look for them.
The FDA calls out creators of genetically tweaked hornless bulls.
- Hornless bull clones turn out to have questionable genomes.
- Scientists were so confident they didn't even look for transgenic DNA.
- No one's sure what to do with the offspring.