New computing theory allows artificial intelligences to store memories.
- To become autonomous, robots need to perceive the world around them and move at the same time.
- Researchers create a theory of hyperdimensional computing to help store robot movement in high-dimensional vectors.
- This improvement in perception will allow artificial intelligences to create memories.
A new AI-produced commercial from Lexus shows how AI might be particularly suited for the advertising industry.
- The commercial was written by IBM's Watson. It was acted and directed by humans.
- Lexus says humans played a minimal part in influencing Watson, in terms of the writing.
- Advertising, with its clearly defined goals and troves of data, seems like one creative field in which AI would prove particularly useful.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
An Ivy League education without the Ivy League price tag.
We recently published an article outlining how you can take Yale University courses for free. Given the response to that article, we have decided to show you more classes that you can access at no cost. Just like last time, a certificate of completion is available for all of these classes for a fee, if you want to prove that you have bettered yourself this way.
So, here are 8 Harvard University courses you can take right now, for free.
Introduction to Computer Science
Knowing how to code is a vital skill in in today’s digital world. This entry level course teaches the basics of computational thinking, programming problem solving, data structures, and web development, among other things. It will leave the learner able to code in several languages including C, Python, and Java.
The class is self-paced, and consists of a time investment of 10-20 hours to finish nine problem sets and a final project, which is done online. This class will help you learn several of the five programming languages that Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++, says you should learn in his Big Think interview.
Elon Musk, Sam Harris, Ray Kurzweil and other visionaries discuss AI superintelligence at a recent conference.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.