A new paradigm for machine vision has just been demonstrated.
- Scientists have invented a way for a sheet of glass to perform neural computing.
- The glass uses light patterns to identify images without a computer or power.
- It's image recognition at the speed of light.
MIT and Google researchers use deep learning to decipher ancient languages.
- Researchers from MIT and Google Brain discover how to use deep learning to decipher ancient languages.
- The technique can be used to read languages that died long ago.
- The method builds on the ability of machines to quickly complete monotonous tasks.
If AIs can generate photos of people who don't exist, what else can they imagine?
The design ethicist did not hold back his concerns when talking to political leaders.
- Former Google design ethicist, Tristan Harris, recently spoke in front of Congress about the dangers of Big Tech.
- Harris told senators that behavior prediction models are a troublesome part of design in the race for attention.
- He warned that without ethical considerations, the dangers to our privacy will only get worse.
We're going to have to reckon with our workweek sooner than later.
- Researchers discovered that eight hours of work per week reduces mental health issues by 30 percent.
- Working a full-time job, roughly 40 hours per week, does not result in further mental health gains.
- Societies are going to have to grapple with a new distribution of work as AI and robotics will soon replace many jobs.