Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you aren't superstitious.
- A new report indicates atheists and agnostics still believe in supernatural phenomena despite not believing in gods.
- They tend to hold these beliefs at lower rates than the general population.
- This is in line with previous studies that show non-believers are just as prone to irrational thinking as their religious counterparts.
As religious diversity increases in the United States, we must learn to channel religious identity into interfaith cooperation.
- Religious diversity is the norm in American life, and that diversity is only increasing, says Eboo Patel.
- Using the most painful moment of his life as a lesson, Eboo Patel explains why it's crucial to be positive and proactive about engaging religious identity towards interfaith cooperation.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
Finally, a means for battling the anti-vaccination movement.
- Talking to people who have experienced vaccine-preventable diseases changes minds.
- Seventy percent of Brigham Young University students shifted their vaccine-hesitant stance.
- This research arrives during a year in which 880 measles cases have been identified in America.
In her new documentary, Maxine Trump tackles the topic of choosing not to procreate.
- Maxine Trump's forthcoming documentary, To Kid Or Not To Kid, investigates why women choose not to have children.
- Twenty percent of women are making this choice, Trump says, which is not a small minority.
- Climate change and an inability to find a suitable partner are top reasons for this decision.
How many abortions are actually performed? Numbers reveal the complexity in the raging debate.
- The American society is close to split on the legality of abortions.
- 45,789,558 abortions were carried out in the U.S. between 1970 and 2015.
- The abortion numbers are at an all-time low now, trending almost half of what they were.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.