The inventor Nikola Tesla's esoteric beliefs included unusual theories about the Egyptian pyramids.
Here's a letter from our co-founders on the ways to help the world get smarter, faster, through engaging actionable content.
We're the co-founders of Big Think. First and foremost, we want to thank you for your viewership. Over the last 12 years, you have helped us take Big Think from a vision scrawled in notes on lined paper to a reality that has reached over 1 billion people with the mission of helping the world get "smarter faster".
With a virtual private network, you're accessing a separate server for your internet use, making it virtually impossible for hackers or malicious outsiders to track your online activities and hack your accounts.
People who score high in "dark triad" personality traits are able to empathize. They'd just rather not.
- People who score high in the personality traits narcissism, Machiavellianism and psychopathy can empathize, but generally lack the disposition to do so, according to a recent study.
- These traits are part of the "dark triad" of personality, which has been used to study malevolent personality traits since 2002.
- The results suggest it might be possible to encourage psychopaths to empathize more, but no evidence shows this is effective over the long term.
Austro-Japanese aristocrat Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi later concentrated on plans for Pan-Europe.
- Unity is strength: This 1920s map divides the world among just five superstates.
- The map was produced by count Richard von Coudenhove-Kalergi, who devoted his life to European unity.
- This utopian map may have inspired George Orwell's dystopian world in 1984.
More people over 50 are becoming gamers, but finding the right game can be tough.
"It's just a joke," right?
Q: Why did the woman cross the road?
A: Who cares! What the hell is she doing out of the kitchen?
Q: Why hasn't NASA sent a woman to the moon?
A: It doesn't need cleaning yet!
These two jokes represent disparagement humor – any attempt to amuse through the denigration of a social group or its representatives.