New voices - Dave Sherman
Miguel challenged us to find new voices. Between now and February 17 I am profiling
eight nine bloggers that I've found informative and intriguing.
Today's new voice: Dave Sherman, Mr. Sherman's Blog
Dave is the principal of South Park Elementary School in Deerfield, Illinois. He has past experience as a principal of another school and an assistant principal. He also has taught elementary and middle grades. Dave is a wonderful example of a busy principal who somehow still finds the time to be reflective about his administrative practice and its intersections with larger educational issues. Here are a few posts to get you started:
P.S. Kelly just profiled another new voice. Awesome!
Understanding thinking talents in yourself and others can build strong teams and help avoid burnout.
- Learn to collaborate within a team and identify "thinking talent" surpluses – and shortages.
- Angie McArthur teaches intelligent collaboration for Big Think Edge.
Archeologists had been doubtful since no such ship had ever been found.
- In 450 BCE, Greek historian Herodotus described a barge that's never been found.
- One boat, Ship 17, uncannily matches the Herodotus' description.
- Horseshoe crabs' blue blood is so valuable that a quart of it can be sold for $15,000.
- This is because it contains a molecule that is crucial to the medical research community.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.