Michael Wesch dust-up
A few weeks ago I
highlighted some videos made by Michael Wesch
and his students at Kansas
State University. If you haven't seen them, I encourage you to do so.
Warlick likedA Vision of Students Today. Gary
Stager didn't. And Michael was stirred to make a
clarification. The comments on all three blog posts are informative and
The great part of the Web, of course, is that it makes all of this
conversation public, transparent, open to participation by others, and, dare I
say, even possible. Sure, before the Internet and blogs existed, Michael, David,
and Gary could have exchanged thoughts about Michael's work via mail or e-mail.
But this is more powerful (and much more fun).
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.