This is a Test. Don't Psych Yourself Out!
You have to believe that you are going to do well on an exam. I've seen students from all different backgrounds, people who started at all different levels, who have ended up in the top one percent on both the LSAT and the GMAT, so you can do it.
But you have to put in the time and you have to recognize that for different people it takes a different amount of time. That doesn’t mean that you’re not going to get to the same result. It just may mean that you have to take a slightly different path to get there.
So the number one most important step is to have faith in yourself and to know that you can do it. These tests are very, very, very learnable. The second is this: folks who think "If I just do to practice tests on my own that is all I need to do. I'm a smart student. I’ve always done well." It’s not that you can’t do it on your own, but it’s going to take so much longer to do it on your own. That’s why we counsel people to consider getting expert advice because you’re going to do this once or twice in your life. We do this a thousand times a year. Clearly we’re going to be able to help you do it a lot more efficiently.
So don’t think of this as asking for help. I don’t love working out, but I recognize that I need to work out, so I go to someone to help me workout. It doesn’t mean I couldn’t do it on my own, but it means I'm going to have a more efficient, more effective process if I work with someone to help me. It’s the same thing with the tests.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
A new study shows that some men's reaction to sex is not what you'd expect, resulting in a condition previously observed in women.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.