Tilted Heads Are Hot
Australian researchers have found that women who tilt their faces forward are seen as more attractive, while men are considered better-looking when they tilt their heads backward.
A tilt of the head can make both men and women look more attractive, according to a new study. ... The results may hark back to the differences in male and female height, the researchers report in the journal Evolutionary Psychology. Men are typically taller than women, so they're used to seeing female faces from above—an effect mimicked by a forward head tilt. Women, on the other hand, usually look up at men's faces, so the head-back tilt may appear more masculine. Previous studies have shown that ladies dig men with relatively short upper faces, though fertility can affect what women find sexy.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.