Europe is in deep crisis — because its proudest achievement, the single currency adopted by most European nations, is now in danger.
Europe is in deep crisis — because its proudest achievement, the single currency adopted by most European nations, is now in danger. More than that, it’s looking increasingly like a trap. Ireland, hailed as the Celtic Tiger not so long ago, is now struggling to avoid bankruptcy. Spain, a booming economy until recent years, now has 20 percent unemployment and faces the prospect of years of painful, grinding deflation. The tragedy of the Euromess is that the creation of the euro was supposed to be the finest moment in a grand and noble undertaking. ...But the architects of the euro...chose to ignore the mundane difficulties a shared currency would predictably encounter.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.