Social Issues in America Are a Question of Morality for the Chinese
The Chinese view social debates among Americans as unethical and immoral behavior. They believe issues such as gay marriage and abortion should remain out of the public eye.
Article written by guest writer Rin Mitchell
What’s the Latest Development?
It is another election year and many hot-button topics such as same-sex marriage, abortion rights and gun possession are in the spotlight. Topics such as gay marriage and abortion are viewed as private morality issues in China. The social issue debates among American citizens and divorce statistics, which fill the media airwaves, paint a classless picture of the American people for the Chinese. China is a reserved culture, so to see and hear Americans discuss morality issues of a private nature is frowned upon by the Chinese.
What’s the Big Idea?
The Chinese are judging and criticizing the morality of the American culture because of the social issues that continue to be in the forefront of U.S. politics. However, the issues China would keep separate from politics are issues that are very much a part of the American political system.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.