Keeping Medical Patients Happy
With the increasing cost of health care and the constant threat of litigation, doctors and hospitals are under enormous pressure to keep patients and their families happy.
Frustration with doctor-patient communication is common in the healthcare industry and, fearing litigation, hospitals are trying to make patients happier. "Although health care is not a typical consumer product, 'customer satisfaction' does count. According to a recent study, something as simple as a whiteboard can make a significant difference. A team of researchers placed whiteboards in each patient room on the general medical wards of their hospital. Patients reported being more satisfied with nurse and doctor communication and involvement in decisions."
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.