India's Prehistoric Insects
"Beautifully preserved bees, ants, spiders and other small prehistoric creatures that lived 50 million years ago have been unearthed in a huge amber deposit in India."
"Beautifully preserved bees, ants, spiders and other small prehistoric creatures that lived 50 million years ago have been unearthed in a huge amber deposit in India." "Already, the scientists have shown that the similarities of the species in the amber to species living in Asia and Europe have exploded a theory known as the 'biotic island ferry', where India was thought to have carried much of its wildlife to Asia, where it then escaped to populate the Eurasian landmass." "The amber shows, similar to an old photo, what life looked like in India just before the collision with the Asian continent."
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.