How Social Media Change Business
Facebook and other social media present challenges like brand management and opportunities like cost-cutting for business willing to embrace modern technologies.
"The phenomenal growth of Facebook and other social media has been seen by many companies as a great marketing tool. But could their impact be even more profound, shifting for ever the traditional hierarchical organization of business? Outside the work environment, people now expect to be able to share photographs, video and text, discussing them in real-time with whoever is interested. From a user's perspective there is little difference between these activities and working with collaborative online tools in business. ... The widespread availability of broadband internet has removed most of the technological hurdles faced by virtual organizations."
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.