Hipsters in Winter
Has the culture of "white 20-somethings dressed in skinny jeans and lumberjack shirts, and wearing thick-rimmed glasses" begun its inevitable decline?
Despite the publication of a new book by Williamsburg comedian Joe Mande making fun of the culture of "white 20-somethings dressed in skinny jeans and lumberjack shirts, and wearing thick-rimmed glasses," the age of the hipster seems to be winding down. Thomas Rogers talks to Mande about his book, "hipsters' self-infantilizing style, the homophobic nature of the backlash, and the impending end of hipsterdom."
We're more dependent on them than we realize.
- Scientists says our survival depends on biodiversity.
- A natural climate strategy we often forget.
- Seeing our place among the Earth's living creatures.
There's a high social cost that comes with lighting up.
While short-term results are positive, there is mounting evidence against staying in ketosis for too long.
- Recent studies showed volunteers lost equal or more weight on high-carb, calorie-restricted diets than low-carb, calorie restricted diets.
- There might be positive benefits to short-term usage of a ketogenic diet.
- One dietician warns that the ketogenic diet could put diabetics at risk for diabetic ketoacidosis.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.